- Our next Advisory Group meeting and pot-luck supper will be on Tuesday, June 13 at 6:00 p.m. at 173 Campbell Ave., North Bay. Any choristers who would like to participate in the meeting (either to take a more active role in choir operations this year, or even just to put in your 2-cents worth in our review and planning discussions) are welcome to attend. Please RSVP to Adam at email@example.com.
- Our first rehearsal of 2017-2018 will be on Wednesday September 6 in Room F210 off the front lobby of Nipissing University. Meet-and-greet and refreshments, orientation, range and pitching checks for new members begin at 6:00 p.m., and our rehearsal begins at 7:00. Bring a pencil and a sense of humour. Returning and new/prospective Consecutive Education students: We look forward to welcoming you on September 11. Membership in Near North Voices is open to students, staff and faculty at Nipissing University and Canadore College, as well as to members of the North Bay and area community. Choral Scholarships are available to qualified high school students. For more information, see our About Us, Listen to NNV, and Contact Us pages.
- A reminder about parking: Paid/permit parking on campus is now enforced until 11:00 p.m. Community members and anyone who doesn’t hold a permit will have to park in the central visitors’ lot and pay at the machine.
Video of our January 21 concert is now available, in addition to the audio that’s been available for some time. The links to access these are on our Secure Listening and Viewing page. If you forgot the password, pm Adam.
Off-season Choir pub @ Casey’s begins tonight, 8:00 p.m. Check/post in our FB group if you want to see who is going in any given week; there is always a core group attending.
The minutes of the AG meeting on Friday March 10 have been posted to the Choristers’ Page, “Important Documents for Members” section near the top of the page.
When you are Skyping in: Please set up a connection with Miao by the morning of the rehearsal at the latest. You need to have a Skype account, and know your “skype name” to send to Miao so she can add you as a contact in advance. If you have questions, email Miao (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Men: Black dress pants and long-sleeve shirt, black socks and dress shoes. Black tie optional. No boots. Blue or brown are NOT black. Please visit an iron prior to the concert.
- Women: Black dress, or black skirt/pants with black shirt, black hose/socks and dress shoes. Minimum 3/4 length sleeve; skirts/dresses to just above the knee or longer; nothing tight-fitting; no flashy jewelry, no spiky heels or open-toe/open-back shoes.
- Absolutely no perfume, cologne, body spray, spray-on deodorant, hair spray, scented hair products, scented hand lotions, etc.
Please only use the following address to contact Miao for skyping in: email@example.com
A reminder about parking: Paid/permit parking is now enforced until 11:00 p.m. Community members and anyone who doesn’t hold a permit will have to park in the central visitors’ lot and pay at the machine. People are encouraged to carpool either from home or by meeting up at the plaza(s) on McKeown, and can use the NNV Members’ Group on Facebook to offer/solicit rides. If the cost of parking is a financial challenge to your participation, please let the artistic director or assistant director know asap.
- SKYPE/GOOGLE: Miao Chen has returned to us for the time being and is willing to act as the “go-to” person for following along at home if you can’t make a rehearsal. (yay Miao!) Please email her at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information on how to do this. NOTE: If you choose this route, please email her well in advance of the rehearsal. It’s straightforward, but please don’t make her scramble at the last minute.
- RIDES: If anyone needs rides, or advice on anything, don’t hesitate to ask to join the Near North Voices Members Group on Facebook. (search Near North Voices Members Group). The page is now private.
PC/Windows Users — If you have a laptop and are experiencing difficulties, UTS (University Technology Services) have said they are willing to have a look, for any members of our choir. Room A139. You might want to call first, 705-474-3450, x.4342 or email email@example.com.
- This document features a number of suggested solutions found online:
Possible Media Player and File Download Solutions for Windows Users
- The following documents were prepared by Devon last year to help solve problems for one of our choristers: Accessing midi files in Windows fix, Chrome Extension Install help
We have a Facebook Group that is a great way to communicate with people within the choir. If you are on FB, please search and join, like it and link news to your own page.
We also have a public Facebook Page where we post concert announcements and information for the community: